Format: While there is no required length, approximately 400 to 2,000 words is suggested. Use of short paragraphs, bullet points, and subheadings is encouraged. Where possible, provide additional links to Web sites where a reader may explore the topic in greater depth. Use the Additional Comments section of the submission form to include biographical information with links to your Web site and email address if you wish to have that information included.
Topics: Anything related to seed and early stage financing and nurturing of entrepreneurial enterprises is a suitable topic. Opinion pieces ("Bridging the Funding Valley of Death”; “Finding an Angel Investor in Your Community”, etc.) and your own "Top 10" lists are also suitable submissions.
Editing: CFI has the right to edit your content for spelling, grammar, and/or content. Articles may also be edited slightly for "search engine optimization" purposes. Upon request, writers submitting content will have final review rights before the article is published.
Graphics: If you need to submit illustrations along with your article, please use jpeg format sized no larger than 400 pixels wide.
Author Rights: You will not lose your rights to your work. However, all submissions require the following disclaimer allowing CFI the use of any submitted material while the material still belongs to you to be used as you wish:
"I certify that I am the author or sole owner of the material I am submitting to the Capital Formation Institute (CFI). CFI may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use the material for any purpose in any form and on any media. I agree to indemnify CFI for all damages and expenses that may be incurred in connection with the material. For details, please see User Agreement below.
Payment: CFI does not pay for user-submitted content. We provide an opportunity to reach a broad audience of the CFI Network. All articles will have a byline. If supplied, an email link and/or Web site link and small bio/sketch will accompany submissions.
Publication: CFI reserves the right to refuse publication of any submitted articles for any reason.
- The CFI Website is accessible worldwide to anyone with Internet access. Access to and use of the CFI Website are subject to the terms and conditions of this User Agreement and all applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations governing copyright and trademark (see #2 below). BY ACCESSING THE CFI WEBSITE, YOU ACCEPT, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS USER AGREEMENT. CFI reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The changes will appear on this screen. By using the CFI Website, you agree in advance to accept any changes.
- The materials used and displayed on the CFI Website, including but not limited to text, software, photographs, graphics, illustrations and artwork, video, music and sound, and names, logos, trademarks and service marks, are the property of CFI and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. Any such content may be displayed solely for your personal, non-commercial use. You agree not to modify, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material without the written permission of CFI.
- The CFI Website contains information, facts and opinions from various individuals and organizations. THE CFI WEBSITE IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF TITLE OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OTHER THAN THOSE WARRANTIES WHICH ARE IMPOSED BY AND INCAPABLE OF EXCLUSION, RESTRICTION OR MODIFICATION UNDER THE LAWS APPLICABLE TO THIS AGREEMENT.
- The CFI Website includes user created pages which allow you and other users and member to post information and materials, provide feedback to the CFI Network. You agree that CFI and its licensees may reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works and otherwise use all information, text, messages, photographs, member or display name, submitted audio and other materials posted by you (collectively, the "Materials") for any purpose in any form and on any media. You agree not to post or transmit any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, profane, hateful, racially, ethically or otherwise objectionable Materials of any kind, including but not limited to, any Materials which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, violate the copyrights, trademarks, services marks or similar intellectual property rights or other rights, including invasion of privacy or rights of publicity, of others. You will be responsible for, and indemnify and hold harmless CFI representatives against any claim arising from any Materials that you post or transmit.
Although CFI may from time to time monitor or review discussions, postings, submitted audio comments and other user generated pages on the Site, neither CFI nor its affiliates is under any obligation to do so. You acknowledge that CFI and its affiliates do not control the information available on the user generated pages and that any opinions, advice, statements, services, offers or other information or content presented or disseminated on any user or member generated pages are those of their respective authors who are solely liable for their content. CFI reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to edit, refuse to post or remove any material submitted to or posted on user generated pages.
- Your use of the CFI Website is at your own risk. CFI SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY LOSS OR INJURY OR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF, OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE, THE CFI WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE CFI WEBSITE OR ARISING OUT OF ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RESPONSE TO OR AS A RESULT OF ANY INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THE CFI WEBSITE. YOU HEREBY WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS AGAINST CFI ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE CFI WEBSITE AND THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE THEREON.
- You should be aware that if you voluntarily disclose personal information (e.g., user name, email address) on user generated pages, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other parties.
- CFI'S TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR AUDIOS
CFI's audio-on-demand service (the "Audio Service") consists of information files that may be downloaded to your computer and/or transferred to your portable MP3 player. The Audio Service is available only for private, non-commercial use. Any other uses, including without limitation the incorporation of advertising into or the placement of advertising associated with or targeted towards the Audio Content, are strictly prohibited. You may not edit or modify or redistribute the Audio Content or links supplied by CFI. Ownership: CFI's Audio Service and the Audio Content are protected by U.S. and international copyright laws. CFI owns all rights including copyright to the Audio Content, and to The CFI logos and trademarks used in connection with the Audio Service. Right to Discontinue Audio Service: CFI reserves the right to discontinue providing any or all of the Audio Service at any time. CFI assumes no liability for any of your activities in connection with the Audio Content and/or the Audio Service or for your use of the Audio Content and/or the Audio Service in connection with your Web site, computer or MP3 player.
- This User Agreement and any disputes arising out of or related to the CFI Website shall be governed by, and construed and enforced in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York .